Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Kinesiotape


I'm watching the women's beach volleyball with US May-Treanor/ Walsh vs. Cuba's Fernandez / Larrea. The black tape you see on her shoulder is Kinesiotape. It allows you to move yet provide stability. I commonly call it Lance Armstrong tape, which he made the public aware of with the *pink* tape on his knees and with his team while bike riding. Back to the Olympic program...



If clinically indicated, or even if you just want to get to know kinesiotaping, I've done many kinesiotaping therapy, and we DO have Lance's hot pink kinesiotape...








By the way, did you know my classmate, Dr. Mary Beth Larsen, was 4th in the first-ever Olympic Pentathlon. She was also featured on the cover of Esquire magazine. I remember seeing special exhibit honoring women with her at the museum of Science and Industry a few years back.

No comments: