DON’T EAT THESE DISEASE-PRODUCING FOODS
When attempting to make change, the rule is to add positive first – meaning, start adding good habits first, then later work on getting rid of destructive habits. So please consult What To Do for the list of health-promoting lifestyle choices you should start to begin or continue your health transformation process.
That being said, the sooner you get bad habits out of your lifestyle choices, the sooner you’ll get back to being healthy. So, if you’re committed to getting healthy as quick as possible, I encourage you to jump in and do this RIGHT NOW!
JUMP START YOUR HEALTH TODAY
Start eliminating the bad stuff from your life, from your cupboards, from the choices you’re making each and every day at each and every meal.
The Top 10 Disease-Producing Foods
1. Artificial sweeteners: Aspartame (i.e. Nutrasweet) and Sucralose (i.e. Splenda), Saccharin (i.e. Equal) – cause brain tumors and increased cravings for sweets leading to insulin resistance, diabetes, heart disease and obesity
2. Hydrogenated oils, partially hydrogenated oils – cause heart disease, cancer, diabetes and obesity
3. Fried foods (this includes chips) – cause heart disease, cancer, diabetes and obesity
4. Pasteurized and homogenized milk and milk products (butter, ice cream, yogurt, etc.) – cause heart disease, cancer, diabetes and obesity
5. Soda pop (Diet and/or Regular) – leads to insulin resistance, diabetes, heart disease and obesity; also, the phosphoric acid leads to calcium depletion, which leads to osteoporosis.
6. White flour foods (breads, pasta, cakes, cookies, crackers, etc.) –Processed grains cause to insulin resistance, diabetes, heart disease and obesity. Gliadin, one of the two main protein components of gluten, is very pro-inflammatory.
7. Cured meats (bacon, sausages, and lunch meats; anything with nitrates, nitrites) – causes cancer
8. MSG (monosodium glutamate – i.e. hydrolyzed yeast extract, etc.) – neuroexcitotoxin which hyperstimulate brain cells causing them to burn out and die leading to neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
9. Sugar leads to insulin resistance, diabetes, heart disease, cancer and obesity
9. High fructose corn syrup (found in many foods – too many to list;
– leads to insulin resistance, diabetes, heart disease, cancer and obesity
10. Artificial Food Colorings Red, blue, yellow dyes are used widely in many foods. Like, MSG, they are neuroexcitotoxins and a contributory factor in asthma, attention-deficit disorder and hyperactivitity.
Out of Sight, Out of Mind
The first rule: Out of sight, out of mind. One of our first concepts is “out of sight, out of mind”. If you’re like me, if it’s in the the house or on your plate, you’ll eat it, right? Then remove it from your world; get it off your plate, get it out of your house NOW! This means the potato chips, soda pop, candy, bread, ice cream, … whatever you’ll eat if it’s in the house – get rid of it, NOW!
Just go through your cupboards, refrigerator(s) with a trash can or trash bag at hand, and toss out all the following disease foods. These also foods that may contain one of the following as an ingredient:
- Artificial sweeteners: Aspartame (i.e. Nutrasweet) and Sucrolose (i.e. Splenda), or Saccharin (i.e. Equal). Contrary to common belief, they will make you fat.
- Hydrogenated oils and partially hydrogenated oils. Commonly found in many foods including ‘non-dairy creamers’ for coffee.
- Chips: potato chips, tortilla chips, pork rinds (do people really eat ‘fried pork rinds’?); yes, even the ‘bake’ ones – they’re still made with bad oils
- Deep Fried foods (this includes chips)
- Milk and milk products (some people can eat sparingly if made from raw milk):
- Roasted, salted nuts – switch to eating raw nuts – they’re incredibly nutritious and energy providing (and non-gas producing – your spouse will be happy!)
- Soda pop (this includes ALL soda pop, ‘diet’ or regular) and energy drinks
- Fake ‘juices’ (you know, the kind that say “10% real juice” – do you ever wonder what comprises the other 90%?). Actually real fruit juices are very high in sugar – yes it’s ‘natural’ sugar, but sugar nonetheless.
- White flour foods (breads, pasta, cakes, cookies, crackers, etc.) this is a stumbling block for many people, but it will prevent you from developing diabetes and being overweight.
- Cured meats (bacon, sausages, and lunch meats; anything with nitrates, nitrites)
- MSG (monosodium glutamate; now disguised as hydrolyzed vegetable protein, hydrolyzed yeast extract, etc.)
- High fructose corn syrup – it’s in many, many foods, including ketchup, and sport/energy drinks - I had a pop the other day and my big toe started hurting - HFCS increases your uric acid levels.
- ‘Low fat’, ‘non-fat’ or ‘lite‘ foods
- Non-dairy “creamers”
- Chewing gum (especially ’sugarless’ – it has artificial sweeteners which are neurotoxic and cancerous)
MICROWAVE OVENS – FOR WARMING PLATES ONLY: One last note: Stop microwaving your food, any food. A great illustration of the nutrient-depleting effect that microwaving has on food (as well as the differences in water) is to take three identical small potted plants and feed one purified water, the second tap water and the third plant, water that has been microwaved (and cooled).