Sunday, September 14, 2008

SIDS

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/family/09/12/sids.infants/index.html

check out the latest article on SIDS, released on my son's birthday. Now that I'm a daddy, should I be worried about SIDS.

A simple answer, NO, as I type with one hand and cradle my son in the other.

A 11-year longitudinal New Zealand study showed that sealing the crib mattress in polyethylene wrap revealed NO cases of SIDS reported.

My posture typing is bad, I'm still at the hospital as I type this. I will post the article here later.

---
Addendum:

Here is the link to the references to the New Zealand study. Prior to the commencement of mattress-wrapping, New Zealand had the highest crib death rate in the world (2.1 deaths per 1000 live births).

Another link from http://www.thegreenguide.com/doc/100/crib regarding the safety of crib mattresses.

When in doubt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr.Tang, Thanks for taking good care of me and my husband. When I first came to you about a year ago, you told me that if I was consistance and followed my plan, I would feel much better. I feel good!

Thank you for being a caring person. You and your team are great!