There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Those Poison McDonalds Shrek Glasses are the LEAST of Parents’ Worries



Those Poison McDonalds Shrek Glasses are the LEAST of Parents' Worries

Posted: 05 Jun 2010 05:32 AM PDT

Yesterday it was announced that McDonald's is recalling about 12 million souvenir glasses adorned with Shrek images. The $2.00 glasses were painted using cadmium, a known carcinogen. The fear is that cadmium present in the paint on the glass will poison kids. This would require a child to hold the glass whereby the cadmium would contact her hands. Then she would need to put her hand in her mouth. This would have to happen repeatedly.

OK, not to knock the risk, but folks, there is a much larger risk to kids who frequent fast food establishments such as McDonalds. It's called obesity.

And as long as fast food and junk food companies lure kids with Hollywood brands, parents will continue to struggle to say NO to little Johnny.

So let's put things in the right perspective.

We await the day when McDonald's recalls its entire "marketing to kids" strategy.

No comments: